Big Auction of Promises & Silent Auction
Friday 2nd November 2018, 7pm,
St Osyth Village Hall Plus, Cheese and Wine with tickets £5 for adults, and no charge for children – all proceeds are in aid of St Osyth Church
The list of Auction Lots will be posted here by mid October if not sooner! Click here for the Auction Catalogue.
How it works
- The Village Hall doors will be open at 7pm. Entry is by ticket for adults and children over 14yrs and cost £5 per person. These can be bought in advance or will be available on the door.
- There will be Auction Catalogue so you can check to see what is on offer and there might be a board with any last minute lots submitted after these went to print. We will have items on view and promises on display as well as stewards who can help with enquiries if you are needing more information on a specific item.
- You can register for an auction paddle with your individual number on it as you arrive.
- Cheese and wine will be available whilst you circulate.
- As well as the main auction we will have several items in the Silent Auction – see below for more details.
- We will also have a hamper raffle with several themed hampers to choose from if successful!
Stanfords of Colchester will start the auction bidding from 7.30pm and there will be a couple of comfort breaks during the proceedings.
We do look forward to seeing you – we have an amazing variety of items, vouchers and promises to sell – all proceeds go towards keeping St Osyth Church in good order.
We can take payment for successful bids by card, cheque or cash. All major credit and debit cards are accepted.
The Silent Auction items will be listed or displayed along with their details, the lot number and the latest bid.
If you wish to bid you must go to an Auction Assistant who will be delighted to help. You will be asked to fill in some brief contact details on a card then you bid will be registered. This will go up on the board replacing any previous bid and stay there until someone higher than you or until the end of the auction. If you are successful you will be asked to settle your bid on the evening.
With thanks to our generous Sponsors!
|The Hutley Family||www.hutleys.co.uk|
|Stanford’s of Colchester||https://stanfords-colchester.co.uk/|
|Rotary Club of Clacton||www.clactonrotary.org|
|Veneables Tile Centre||www.clactontiles.co.uk|
|Les Images Hairdressing|
We are all looking forward to this exciting evening in November. Individuals and businesses from the Village have come up trumps with an amazing variety of promise offers and actual items for us to auction on the big night. Other local businesses have also given some very generous pieces. Our amazing team have been working hard, not just gathering up the many and very varied promises but also with the actual organisation of the event and it’s very pleasing to see how many people are now involved – it’s going to be a great event! We have also received sponsorship offers from Ellison’s Solicitors, Hunt Heathcare, Naco, The Rotary Club of Clacton, Tesco, and Hutley’s Caravan Park to date.
There are an amazing variety of lots to auction with a very wide value range so will suit all budgets! You can actually buy everything you will need for your whole Christmas Dinner! From turkey, ham, drink, potatoes, sprouts, Christmas puds and cake not to mention logs for the fire. Other lots include lunches, vouchers, dog grooming, hanging baskets, golf, yoga, overnight stays, a rug, paintings, breakfasts, three hours of electrical work, local preserves, and many more items. All we are missing is a cuddly toy……….actually we now have two! It’s perfect timing too, just before Christmas with lots of present ideas to think about.
The catalogue will be online shortly! A printed catalogue will be available on the night. Tickets can be obtained from Estate Agents Scot & Sheen and Partners and St Osyth Butchers.
Come early to enjoy the cheese and wine and view the lots on offer before Graham Ellis of Stanfords of Colchester begins the main auction. Smaller items will be included in the Silent Auction and we will also have several Christmas Hampers to raffle. This will be a fun, family friendly, fundraiser and all are welcome!